Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Pictures





These are the first pictures I have taken indoors for a long long time.  It sucked.  I had read a tutorial about how to take good photos of a christmas tree.  The trick is to leave the shutter open for a long time.  That is impossible with a 1 year old.  These 4 pictures are about the only ones without a blur.  Eventually, I just gave up and turned on the flash which completely washed out the tree.  With all of these, thankfully, a spotlight focused on the tree brightened up those lights and made the pictures with the flash turn out ok.  But oh boy, these were some frustrating pictures to take.

Another thing I had going against me here was the window.  In almost all of them, you can see a horrible reflection of the flash.  So, I did my best to copy a section of the window that was not destroyed by the flash and lay it on top of the flash invested mess.  Lucky for me, it turned out ok! 

No comments:

Post a Comment