Thursday, April 21, 2011

Casey's Kids

I am starting to get into a system when it comes to editing pictures with this fabric background I keep using.   I adjust color and brightness on the quided menu, usually using just auto.  Then I went back into the full edits and turn it black and white with a soft overlay.  I kind of feel ike it really turned him pale, but I like how it enhanced his messy cheeto face.  Such a little boy!

I like the round cheeks here and the little nose profile with the long eyelashes.  I did the same editing here as the one above, except I flipped it so it did not look exactly the same as the one above.  I think it is weird how much worse the shadows are in this one.  I wish I remembered what settings I had my camera on.

This is probably the best picture I have ever edited.  I am really proud of it.  I selected her bright blue eyes, then did an inverse.  I turned everything else brown, then b/w, then brown again with an overlay.  I also played with brightness and contrast.  It really made her blue eyes pop.  I did not edit the eye color at all.

Honestly don't remember what I did with this one.  I know I cropped it quite a bit.  I think I did some brown tinting with a soft overlay.  And obviously, the text in the corner.
I got to watch Casey's two adorable kids one evening and took an opportunity to take pictures of someone besides Jordyn.  Again, I took these in Jordyn's room, actually the same night I took those of Jordyn in the coral dress.  I really have to play around with colors, exposure, and do some creative/odd things with brightness, contrast and tints when I take pictures indoors.  Again, I cannot believe how much easier it is outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment