I actually took these before I took the Easter Basket set. The ones in the tub were taken in my basement and I was so frustrated I only took a few. These were the first pictures I took with my new Nikon and I quickly realized I had a lot of reading to do before I could just jump in and start taking pictures. I did not do much editing to these cause I thought, and still think, they are just a lost cause. I hated the lighting, the harsh shadows, and all in all, I was unhappy with the whole situation. I did the same thing to all three, brightened them up, and cropped so her face and not the yucky backdrop and shadows were the focus.
 |
| I gotta figure out how to edit out the drool! |
 |
| I like her little ski jump nose in this one. |
This set is one that I did in Jordyn's bedroom. The walls in her room are painted a bright yellow and it makes for weird colors in photos, and in her room in general. (I was always going to repaint and tone down that yellow, but I was super pregnant and never got around to it.) I did a lot of shots with her and the easter basket, but never edited them. The outside ones just turned out so much better. I have posted the original photo and then a few different edits.
 |
| The original. Things I don't like: harsh colors (too much bright is bad, a few bright pops is good), the egg, the way her white bow looks gray, her back foot looks purple. Things I like: the whole composition, i did not feel like I needed to crop, she was actually looking at the camera. |
 |
| This one is a faded version. I sucked out a lot of the color by playing with the hue/saturation. I tried to do it again and could not figure out how I did it the first time. Look how it makes the bow look white! |
 |
| This one is a fade out from the center. It gives a hint of the bright colors in the photo without having them so overpowering. I only wish I knew if it was possible to adjust where the center of the color is and I would move it around her face. I have a lot to learn in photoshop. |
 |
| Black and white is always a good option for crazy colors. |
 |
| This one is my favorite. I selected her and the egg (stupid egg!) and then did a inverse select to get everything else. I then did a black and white. The only problem I have with it is that you can still see little reflections the yellow around her face. I love how bright it makes her dress though. |
No comments:
Post a Comment