Saturday, June 4, 2011

Jordyn and Hazel

My  mom got Jordyn and Hazel these cute matching denim dresses fot Christmas, and by Easter they fit and the girls were ready for their pictures.  I had only had my camera a couple weeks when I took these and it took me a while to figure out the settings and everything.  Indoor is a lot harder than outdoor for me.  Because it took me so long to adjust the settings and get it all figured out, the girls started to get ornery and there were no smiles for the camera.  Oh well, the outfits were the important thing ;)
This one is my favorite.  I did auto with all the brightness and color stuff.  I put a little omni spotlight to make the girls stand out a little.  I might have made it a little too bright on the white closet behind them. 

I did auto on all the color and lighting.  Added omni spotlight like I had in the first one.  The thing I corrected the most on this one was to straighten out the picture, which was my first time using this tool in photoshop.  I also corrected the distortion to try and make Hazel not look so far forward, but I think I could have done this even more drastically.

Again, auto with color and brightness.  Straightened the photo and played around with the distortion.  Added the mild omni spotlight.

before editing

before editing

before editing

1 comment:

  1. im lovin the photography blog! way to go and what better way to learn! jake took a photography class and has taught me some basic simple things when it comes to photo shop i would love to show you.. do you have photoshop?

    ReplyDelete