Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cami's Family

With the addition of her new little one, I took some pictures of my sister's little family.  Her little boys cracked me up the whole time!  She was really nervous about what to have them wear.  I suggested to keep it easy and simple with white t shirts and jeans.  I think it was good advice for her.

All of these pictures were taken in my mom's backyard. I did the same kind of editing on all of them. Adjusted color, contrast, and added the omni spotlight I like so much. I especially like to do it with white clothing.

This one is the same editing as the others against the fence.  I tried to use the rune of 3  when framing this one.  One thing that bugs me is that the fence posts are not straight!  I am dumb about lines.  But it was either the bench be straight or the fence.

We did these whole family ones last and by this time Brooks was ornery, so no smiles.  I love how Cami's clothes contrast with the boys.  Her skirt and bare feet are flattering.  I like to do stuff against this fence and edit it with an overlay because it brings out so many different color densities in the fence.

Same thing, only the boys kissing the baby, and a light grey text in the corner.

So, I told him to smile, and I got this.  I know this kid, and I know what kind of a belly laugh he has and how funny he can be.  I felt like this pose was not genuin and did not reflect the personality I know he has.  Pretty picture, just know what I knew it could be.  So I told him to tell me a story about Disneyland and when he was done, I told him to smile one more time, and this is the pose I got....

I just cracked up!  He proudly put his hands on his hips and gave me the biggest cheese he has.  I really like the sense of dimention in this picture with the plants in front, Brooks slightly behind, and the flowers behind him again.  I also like the pop of color that the flowers add.  In both of these pictures of Brooks I straightened out the photos and cropped a bit.  It drives me nuts when a straight line, such as a fence post, is close to being straight, but not quite there.  I like it when it is obviously asku, as it is in these with Canyen.
Canyen was so patient during his pictures, so I was able to really try some different angles and stuff.  I love all the plants and greenery in the background here.  I also like how because of the fence lines you see the angles, but Canyen himself does not look so crooked.
I love the fence coming out of the corner of this one.  I with that I could have more of the green background in this one like I do in the others.  I was also telling him to put his shoulders down and his chin up, but he just was not getting it.  Still, I am glad he was so patient to let me try some new things.





No comments:

Post a Comment