I wanted so badly for Jordyn to have a cute outfit for the 4th of July, but it was the day Chad was flying out and I knew we would not really be celebrating. So I did not get her anything. Then, on a dark and sad day when my husband left for 6 weeks, we got a package in the mail from Aunt Sherry. She had sent this adorable outfit. I had to take some pictures.
I did pretty much the same editing with all of these. One thing out of the ordinary that I did was to put the spotlight coming from a corner. Usually I do it in the center. Also, I found something that changes the texture, I can't remember exactly where, but I put it really high on the metallic side. I know, I have awesome photoshop lingo.
The best thing about these pictures is the lighting. I took them around 7:30 one night as the sun was going down. It made it easy to bring the spotlight in on the left side cause that is the natural direction of the light. Taking these pictures really helped me to see just how important natural light is. I have really been working on interesting angles lately, and anything out of the ordinary I took during this set did not really turn out. These are pretty much just boring old, sit-her-down-and-shoot pictures, but I thought the lighting, the prop, and an actually smiling baby made up for it.



No comments:
Post a Comment