Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vintage

I had been wanting to take some old fashion looking pictures.  Then I saw this old hat in my mom's basement.  I thought for about 3 days of how I could create an old fashion scence with Jordyn and this hat.  I had nothing for her to wear that was not bright and summer colors.  Then I found my blessing dress in my mom's closet.  And sure enough, my baby blessing dress that fit me at 1 month old, fits my own 10 month old daughter. 

So, I had envisioned this old fashion brown, or black and white, photo.  When editing, that is not what looked good.  I think that to make an old looking photo, I needed more of a scenic photo, and everything I took was up close.  But, I sucked the color out on the saturation scale and did my usual spotlighting in the center. 





So, these next ones I took against the fence.  With all the pictures I have taken this summer, this fence is my go-to.  I like to use a hard light overlay. 

THis second one has a glow as well.  I took sooooo many pictures on this day and they were all a disater!  I found out how hard it is to take pictures without someone with me to get her attention.  Also, if you notice, the whole set started out being centered around the hat, and only one worked out.  She hated having it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment